TALL TASSIE TALES as TOLD by TRUTHFUL TYLER

They knock on the door and when I answered it they wanted to know if Peter Tyler lived here.

"Yes,"  I said.

So they grabbed me and put me in the trawler.

The copshop was twenty mile from home and when they took me inside they charged me with speeding, being unlicenced, driving an unlicenced vehicle, failing to stop after an accident, driving under the influence and failure to appear on summons.

So I said. "But I don't drive and I don't drink, besides which I'm John Tyler.  Peter's my brother."

Did they have the shits. Why didn't you say that back there, they yelled.

"You never asked me,"  I said.  "All you asked was did Peter Tyler live here. So I said yes. What's wrong with that?"

After they calmed down they said they'd drive me back home.

"No thanks,"  I told them,  "I'll walk."

There's a lot of lonely places between here and there.

Getting away with two straight porky's on the trot was fair go for one day.